"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

grateful for growth...


I've been home from my West Coast Adventure for a whole 10 days now, and I am only now beginning to feel settled.  The first few days were challenging - I felt antsy and lost, neither here nor there.  I suppose it was to be expected, and I did leave myself several days before returning to work, but I didn't quite expect it to feel like it did.

uprooted.

restless.

lost in my own space.

My own home seemed foreign to me. I couldn't remember where I put things, or what it was that made me feel grounded here.  But, of course, I trusted that I would recover.

Even now, there is a part of me that wonders if the woman who left on June 15 is the same woman who returned on July 12. How have I changed? Because I know I have - I just can't articulate it yet.  I really liked the woman who travelled... the confident jag who sought out adventure!  And I'm not ready to say good-bye to her.  So...

how can I invite her to stick around?
how do I make space for this broader, bigger, braver... me?

At times, I am here. but I am not really here.
I am still travelling.

BE. HERE.

grateful for the growth,
jag

No comments:

Post a Comment