"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

head west, young man (or woman!)...

Six weeks from today, I will be travelling. 
On a train.
Across the country.

This West Coast Adventure of mine - a one month solo journey to the other side of Canada and a long-held fervent wish of mine - is the event that triggered the whole idea of *the gratitude project*.  I will be riding the rails across this incredibly beautiful country of mine! (And before you say, yes but what about the eastern part?!  I've already had the privilege covering that portion by train. :-)) 

Excited, yes.  But I am fundamentally an introvert and part of me was afraid I would spend the entire train ride in solitude.  I know I could!  And there is nothing wrong with that, but it's not what I was looking for.  Not this time. 

So, as I was swimming in gratitude for the blessings in my own life, I wondered if I could use the train trip as a vehicle to collect stories from others... to reach out and find out what they might be grateful for!  A chat here... a discussion there... and next thing you know, this idea had expanded into a year-long creative project.

Not surprisingly, *the gratitude project* is still a work in progress...
Ideas have come.
Ideas have gone.
And ideas will be making their way towards the sunset.

In just six weeks, I will be travelling.
And the West Coast Adventure will be underway.

Stay tuned... I look forward to sharing the journey with you!

gratefully yours,
jag

No comments:

Post a Comment