"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

reaching for the words...

I’ll be honest: it’s difficult for me to put words to the experience of bringing *the gratitude project: dare to be grateful* out into the community.  I keep leaning into words like overwhelming, exhilarating, exhausting, gratifying, positive…  It is clear that this initiative struck a chord with the people who attended Hintonburg ArtsPark.  Let’s face it: I live in a very grateful community!   What I didn’t expect was how easily people would “get it”… how open they would be with sharing their gratitude… how seamlessly we would progress to very deep levels of conversation… and how quickly they invited me to be part of other events or initiatives.  Yikes!  Oh the places we could go… 

As I continue to process the experience, I’ll leave you with some images from the day.  I'll upload a few more on our Facebook page.  Many thanks to my friend Stuart Hickox for joining me and serving as an amazing ambassador for *the gratitude project*!


ready and waiting...

this girl kept coming back to add more. "I love this - it makes me think!" she'd say...
gratitude
what person you have never met are you most grateful for?

what makes you happy?
grateful for...

what decision are you most grateful for?
grateful for...

even Mayor Jim Watson and City Councillor Katherine Hobbs got into the spirit

tag team gratitude ambassadors: stuart & jag...
just jag - so very grateful for it all!
  gratefully yours,

jag

No comments:

Post a Comment