"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

connecting...

photo by jag
This past week, I had the opportunity to re-connect with two different friends from the past.  It had been years since I had spent face-to-face time with either one of them... and in both cases, conversation went from zero to sixty in 10 seconds flat!  We very quickly went from the level of "so, what have you been up to?" to "here is where I'm at on my Life journey and it's tough, isn't it?!"  It was a joy to be in the presence of such trust.

I'm thinking that part of the reason is this age of wisdom that we are reaching... I know that, the older I get, the less tolerance I have for "small talk".  I have a growing awareness and desire for real connection.  Connection at the soul level.  And it really isn't all that complicated; all I need to do is be willing to reach out and to be vulnerable in the presence of another.

Simple, yes - but not always easy.  Which is why this past week, I have been grateful for the ease of friendship and for the courage to be true.

gratefully yours,
jag

No comments:

Post a Comment