"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

11 days and counting...

How is it that I've been planning this trip for months now, and all of a sudden:  IT'S HERE!  (Well. Almost.)  Eleven days and counting.

It's as if I have been planning someone else's dream all this time.  These kind of things are not meant to happen to me. I mean, who am I to take off for a month on my own and travel across the country?  Right?!  And yet, accommodations have been booked. Travel has been confirmed.  Connections with friends have been made.  I have done all these things!  On my own. 

I keep thinking of things I need to do to get ready, then I start wondering what else I am forgetting!  I'm really not used to this kind of thing.  What if I don't even know what I'm supposed to be remembering. (!)

Truth be told: I'm sceered.

There. I've said it.  I am excited AND I am terrified.  In a good way. (I guess.)

*the gratitude project: dare to be grateful* has brought me so far outside my comfort zone that I figure I may as well keep stretching.  Then I think, in order to s-t-r-e-t-c-h, I need to keep one foot inside my comfort zone, with the other venturing out further and further. (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

What would happen if I gently, bravely, and decidedly stood outside of my comfort zone - with both feet? What if I chose to write a new internal script, one that says: I can do this. 

Yes, what if...

Stay tuned.

And in the meantime, I went to see this film on IMAX this past weekend.  Amazing!  Certainly gave me an appreciation for this journey I am taking... for the rails I will be riding.  Lives were sacrificed to create this marvel.  And in just 11 days, I will become part of that story too.



gratefully yours,
jag


No comments:

Post a Comment